10 Easy Home Remedies That Cost Just Pennies to Do
1. For cuts and scrapes, sprinkle sugar on the wound and cover with a dressing. Sugar draws fluid from the wound and helps kill bacteria.
2. To remove a wart, try rubbing it with the inside of a banana peel once or twice a day. Expect results within a month.
3. Relieve nausea by eating a slice of ginger or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger. For motion sickness, take three or four hours before travel.
4. Chicken soup actually improves cold and flu symptoms. It has anti-inflammatory properties and improves mucus flow.
5. For relief from a burn, insect bite, or sunburn, break open an aloe vera leaf and dab the gel directly on the affected area.
6. A strong cup of regular coffee can stop a headache in its tracks and ease symptoms of asthma.
7. If you suffer from arthritis or gout, eat cherries. Just 20 tart cherries have an anti-inflammatory effect equal to one or two aspirin tablets.
8. For a morning-after hangover, drink lots of water and sip wintergreen tea spiked with hot pepper.
9. For insomnia, try chamomile or valerian root tea. Both have been used for centuries as sleep aids and relaxants.
10. To relieve dandruff, apply raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar directly to your scalp.
Now it’s your turn: Do you have a home remedy that’s worked for you?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward