10 Interesting Food Facts: Did You Know?
Here are some interesting food facts to keep in mind for promoting good health.
1. Asparagus, onions, corn, cauliflower, broccoli, avocados, and bananas have some of the lowest pesticide levels of all produce.
2. Green tea inhibits the formation of colon tumors.
3. A diet rich in fiber halves risk of breast cancer in premenopausal women.
4. Eating cheese (which is rich in a protective fat called CLA) is associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer.
5. Avocados nearly quintuple absorption of lycopene, lutein, and other protective carotenoids found in tomatoes. So your best bet is to eat guacamole with your salsa.
6. Seafood and fruit intake have been positively associated with bone mineral density.
7. An easy and tasty way to increase your intake of DHA is to eat DHA-enriched eggs.
8. Drinking a little alcohol lowers risk of heart attack in men with hypertension.
9. Flavonoid-rich foods (apples, pears, strawberries, dark chocolate, and red wine) lower risk of heart disease and death in postmenopausal women.
10. The older we get, the less acute our sense of taste—and the greater our preference for spicier
Now it’s your turn: Did any of these food facts surprise you?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward