7 Things Big Pharma Doesn’t Want You to Know…
1. Only the United States and New Zealand allow pharmaceutical companies to advertise directly to consumers.
2. When the “normal” blood pressure range was adjusted downward, 35 percent more Americans (13.5 million) became hypertensive overnight and eligible for insurance-paid drugs.
3. New bone density thresholds increased the number of people with osteoporosis by an astounding 85 percent—yet another windfall for the pharmaceutical companies, but a disaster for the millions who are being treated unnecessarily.
4. Without any substantial scientific evidence, the target cholesterol level was lowered from 240 to 200, which added nearly 43 million to the patient rolls of the “disease” of elevated cholesterol, boosting Big Pharma’s sale of statin drugs beyond imagination.
5. Pharmaceuticals are the most dangerous consumer products in modern society. Approximately 4.5 million visits to physicians’ offices and emergency rooms every year are directly linked to adverse effects of prescription meds.
6. An April 2011 report by the US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality revealed that in 2008, 1.9 million patients in US hospitals (nearly 5 percent of all hospitalizations) had “medication-related adverse outcomes.”
7. By age six, our children are required to get 15 different vaccines in 52 doses, most of them for diseases that are no longer a threat in the US. Vaccines are toxic brews of biological and chemical agents that are clearly linked to skyrocketing cases of autism, which have increased from 1 in 2,500 30 years ago to 1 in 91 today.
Now it’s your turn: What’s your opinion on the role of Big Pharma in our healthcare system?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward