Benefits of Exercise
Benefits of Exercise
Learn the key ways physical activity promotes optimal health
Exercise rejuvenates virtually every organ in your body, adding energy to your days and years to your life. Some of the most common diseases of aging can actually be prevented, postponed, or even reversed through physical exercise.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of exercise:
Rejuvenates your cardiovascular system
- Strengthens heart function
- Lowers resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Improves oxygen delivery throughout the body
- Increases blood supply to the muscles
- Helps lower blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- Raises protective HDL cholesterol
Strengthens your musculoskeletal system
- Increases muscle strength and flexibility
- Strengthens bones, ligaments, and tendons
- Improves posture
Improves mental functioning
- Helps reduce tension, stress, and anxiety
- Enhances self-esteem
- Helps relieve moderate depression
- Improves sleep
Enhances overall health
- Improves immune function
- Aids digestion and elimination
- Increases endurance and energy levels
- Promotes lean body mass and burns fat
More Dr. Whitaker Advice on Exercise and Optimal Health
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward