Five Dirty Little Secrets About Statin Drugs
Did you know that cholesterol-lowering statin drugs…
1. Have been used in the US since 1987, and during that time there have been numerous articles discussing their toxicity. Yet your doctor still says statins are safe!
2. Are the most successful class of drugs in history, generating more money in the United States every year than football, baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, and all other professional sports combined! The companies raking in these profits use their financial clout to set the marketplace rules, and the #1 rule is aggressive promotion—regardless of the effects these drugs have on the millions of people who are taking them.
3. Deplete levels of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) because the enzyme pathways they block to reduce the production of cholesterol are the same enzymes required for the creation of CoQ10. CoQ10 is an essential compound necessary for energy production in the mitochondria of your cells.
4. Can cause fatigue, muscle weakness, and heart failure because they deplete your body’s valuable CoQ10 reserves.
5. Have a long list of adverse affects including problems with memory and mood, suicidal behavior, and neurological issues. Symptoms range from minor (achiness, forgetfulness) to serious (complete but temporary amnesia, permanent memory loss) to lethal (congestive heart failure, rhabdomyolysis or complete muscle breakdown).
At my clinic, the Whitaker Wellness Institute, we never prescribe statin drugs. There are plenty of safe, natural ways to lower cholesterol and reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. If you are on one of these drugs, take at least 200 mg of CoQ10 every day along with your drug.
Now it’s your turn: What are your thoughts about statin drugs?
You may also be interested in:
OTC Lipitor=Prescription for Disaster
Supplement Facts: Did You Know?
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward