Holiday Smarts: Did You Know?
* Turkey, like other poultry, is a good source of crucial B vitamins, including niacin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, which are important to healthy brain and nervous system function.
* Acetaminophen in conjunction with alcohol can damage your liver, sometimes fatally. Instead, if you have a hangover headache, steep wintergreen tea for 10 minutes and spike it with as much hot pepper sauce as you can tolerate.
* You can enjoy some holiday indulgences without jeopardizing your weight or your health by exercising before breakfast. This forces your body to burn stored fat for energy, rather than relying on the food you just ate.
* When feasting at a holiday gathering, remember that a serving size of animal protein is about the size of a deck of cards and a serving of plant protein is the size of a tennis ball.
* Adding ginseng to your daily regimen can help your body adapt to holiday stress, and boosts your physical and mental function. There are many types of ginseng products out there; look for one with a standardized percentage of ginsenosides, the active component in ginseng, and take as directed during the holidays.
* To protect the air quality in your home, make sure the candles you burn this holiday season have lead-free wicks.
Now it’s your turn: Do you have a holiday season tip to share?
You may also be interested in:
5 Ways to Overcome Stress
Stop the Urge to Snack—No Willpower Required
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward