If you like bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches, you'll love this salad
- 6 turkey bacon slices or soy bacon slices
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup reduced-fat ranch dressing
- dash pepper
- dash salt or salt subsitute
Cook bacon, covered with a paper towel, in a microwave for 1 ½ - 2 minutes. (Or cook it in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.) Cool and chop.
Combine bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.
Per Serving: 99 calories; 5g fat; 7g protein; 9g carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 19mg cholesterol; 317mg sodium