Dress up scrambled eggs with colorful, nutritious vegetables
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 egg whites or 1 cup Egg Beaters or other egg-white product
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions, zucchini, and bell pepper to skillet and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until tender-crisp.
Meanwhile, lightly beat egg whites, water, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
Pour eggs into skillet and continue to cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring often until eggs are set.
Per Serving: 128 calories; 3g fat; 16g protein; 8g carbohydrate; 2g dietary fiber; 2mg cholesterol; 269mg sodium