The 20 Best Ways to Improve Your Health
Live better and longer by making these simple changes to your daily health regimen
As part of the celebration of the 20th anniversary of my newsletter Health & Healing, I've created this special “20 for 20” feature—a list of the 20 best ways to improve your health.
You obviously don’t need to do all of these at once, but I suggest you incorporate them into your routine a few at a time.
1. Take a potent daily multivitamin and mineral supplement.
2. Follow the mini-fast with exercise program for weight control.
5. Take 500–1,000 mg of magnesium daily.
6. Incorporate a quarter-cup of freshly ground flaxseed into your daily diet.
7. Have your blood level of vitamin D (25(OH)D) tested and take enough supplemental vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) to keep it in the optimal range of 50–70 ng/mL.
9. Replace conventional painkillers with natural anti-inflammatories such as curcumin and fish oil.
10. Talk to your doctor about bioidentical hormones if you’re on hormone replacement therapy of any kind.
11. Improve your sleep by taking 1–3 mg of melatonin at bedtime.
12. Take a probiotic supplement.
13. Avoid sugar (sucrose) and artificial sweeteners and use natural alternatives such as stevia and xylitol instead.
14. Detox and support your liver with silymarin and lipoic acid supplements.
15. Eat lots of carotenoid-rich leafy greens, and take a nutritional supplement that supports eye health.
16. Boost your energy levels with ribose and other vitamins and minerals.
17. Get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week.
18. Include lots of potassium-rich plant foods in your diet for optimal blood pressure control.
19. Increase your intake of essential fatty acids by eating salmon and other cold-water fish and taking fish oil supplements.
20. Brush and floss your teeth every day.
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward