Below you will find Dr. Whitaker's answers to some commonly asked questions that relate to a variety of health topics. This page is updated regularly, so be sure to bookmark it for easy reference.
- Do you have any suggestions for controlling hypoglycemia?
- Do you think regular testing of blood sugar is necessary?
- Is vanadyl sulfate safe?
- What can I do to prevent diabetes?
- What supplements do you recommend for diabetes?
Bone & Joint Health
- Could you please direct me to some alternative treatments for H. pylori?
- I often have heartburn and wonder if there are any natural solutions?
- Is it true that peppermint oil might help my IBS symptoms?
- Anything I can do about easy bruising?
- Anything I can do about recurring nosebleeds?
- Are bug sprays dangerous?
- Do you have any natural solutions for overactive bladder and incontinence?
- Do you have any suggestions for dry mouth?
- Do you know of any natural remedies for warts?
- Is it true that grilling meats on the barbeque can be dangerous to your health?
- Is organic food worth the extra cost?
- What can I do about toenail fungus?
- What can I do about varicose veins?
- What's your take on energy and sports drinks?
Mood & Memory
- Can I take too many vitamins?
- How can I overcome difficulty swallowing supplements?
- How do I decide what supplements to take when so many are available?
- How do I go about finding a good children’s multivitamin?
- How long do I need to take supplements?
- Should children take supplements, too?
- Should I be taking supplements every day?
- What can you tell me about coenzyme Q10? Do you recommend it, and if so, how much should I take?
- What does it mean if a vitamin is “all-natural”? And is it better?
- When should I take my supplements?