The Nutrient Big Pharma Wishes It Could Patent
If Big Pharma could find a way to patent magnesium, it could drive their already sky-high profits even higher. That’s because this single mineral is one of the most potent, versatile, and safe therapies available.
1. Saves lives after a heart attack. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, British researchers administered intravenous (IV) magnesium sulfate or a saline solution to 2,000 patients within 24 hours of heart attack onset. Incredibly, patients receiving magnesium had 24 percent fewer deaths. And one to five years later, the cardiovascular death rate was 21 percent lower in those who had been treated with magnesium.
2. Lowers blood pressure. Magnesium relaxes the smooth muscle tissues that dilate the arteries and reduce blood pressure. In one study, participants with hypertension who took 300 mg of magnesium daily for three months had marked reductions in blood pressure compared to those who took a placebo pill.
3. Prevents diabetes. Swedish scientists reviewed several published trials that examined magnesium intake and found that for every 100 mg increase in daily magnesium, there was a 15 percent decrease in the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
4. Halts asthma attacks. Just as magnesium relaxes the smooth muscles of the arteries and improves blood flow, it also relaxes the airways and thus acts as a bronchodilator. Even after conventional treatments such as inhaled bronchodilators have failed, IV magnesium can be lifesaving.
5. Stops migraines. Research has shown that individuals who experience frequent migraine attacks are likely to have low levels of magnesium in the brain. Ensure adequate levels by supplementing your diet with 500 mg of magnesium daily.
How much magnesium should you take? The suggested dose of oral magnesium is 400–1,000 mg daily. It comes in several forms (citrate, aspartate, etc.) and all are acceptable. Build up gradually as magnesium has a laxative effect in many people.
Now it’s your turn: Do you take magnesium?
You may also be interested in:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward