5 Immune-Boosting Secrets Big Pharma Won't Tell You
At this time of the year, you can’t turn on the TV without seeing dozens of ads for products to treat everything from the sniffles to a fever. Pharmaceutical companies are counting on the fact that you’re going to get ill so they can rake in the big bucks off their remedies. But what you’re not going to see in a TV ad are the natural remedies that can help you stay healthy in the first place.
Here are the five stay-healthy secrets Big Pharma doesn’t want you to have:
1. Avoid sugar. Research has shown that sugar can decrease the activity of the immune system for up to five hours. For optimal immune power you need to eat a diet that gives you lean proteins, and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Flavor your foods with cayenne. Cayenne (red pepper) contains a compound called capsaicin, which can help to lower your body temperature by stimulating the cooling center in the brain. Try sprinkling it in soup, or if you can bear it, simply take a bite of this hot pepper. You will experience its therapeutic powers almost instantly.
3. Take vitamin C, a key antioxidant that helps support immune function by fighting free-radical damage and stimulating the production of white blood cells. It also supports healthy joints, connective tissue, bones, and blood vessels. Since it is water-soluble you can safely take large doses of vitamin C. I recommend taking at least 2,000 mg daily with meals, in divided doses.
4. Up your intake of quercetin, a bioflavonoid that helps to support healthy bronchial passages. Quercetin is found in a wide variety of foods, including red wine, grapefruit, onions, tea, and green leafy vegetables. Therapeutic doses, however, are difficult to obtain through diet alone. That is why I recommend taking it in supplement form. I recommend taking 400 mg daily.
5. Boost your immunity with probiotics, which is a fancy term for healthy, live, essential bacteria. These critical bacteria are the “immune-boosters” of your digestive system—lining the walls of your intestines with healthy flora that crowds out bad bacteria. Look for a product that provides Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium probiotic strains.
Now it’s your turn: Do you use any of these immune boosters?
You may also be interested in:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward