10 Easy Prevention Tips that Can Keep You Healthy
Doctors and pharmaceutical companies would like you to believe that shelling out your hard-earned cash for their services and solutions is the best way to stay healthy.
But when it comes right down to it, it’s the little changes you make in your daily life that have the real power to keep you healthy.
- Eliminate sugar and white flour from your diet. Sodas, most breads, baked goods, snack foods, and other refined carbohydrates wreak havoc with blood sugar levels and contribute to weight gain.
- Avoid saturated fats and trans fatty acids. Red meat, deep-fried foods, and anything made with hydrogenated oils (margarine, shortening, store-bought pastries and cookies) raise your risk of heart disease.
- Make fiber-rich plant foods the centerpiece of your diet. Aim for a variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains.
- Include exercise in your daily routine. To stay on track, make exercise fun: Walk with a friend, join a team, or take up an active hobby.
- Maintain an active social life. Family, friends, volunteer work, religious ties, even pets—anything that keeps you involved with others enhances health and prolongs life.
- Keep your brain busy. Mental stimulation such as reading, writing, and playing games can help maintain cognitive ability throughout life.
- Relax. Listen to soothing music, take a walk, try L-theanine, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), or kava, or learn relaxation techniques to improve mood and relieve stress. Life is too short to be stressed out.
- Drink purified water. Tap water may harbor toxins and disease-causing microorganisms. Purify your drinking water using reverse osmosis or carbon filtration.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. One or two drinks a day helps protect against a number of conditions. Moderation is key. Excess alcohol consumption is devastating to health—and for some one drink is too many.
- Breathe the cleanest air possible. Banish smoking, reduce your exposure to pollutants, and consider installing a high-quality air purifier in your home.
Now it’s your turn: Do you have any prevention tips to add to this list?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward