6 Ways to Overcome Holiday Stress
Thanksgiving will be here in just a few days, kicking off the official start of the holiday season. And although the upcoming weeks are an opportunity to enjoy the fellowship of family and friends, it is also a time of unparalleled stress. Here are some recommendations to help you de-stress, relax, and stay healthy throughout the holiday season.
- Exercise. Even if it’s only for 20 minutes, exercise really does relieve stress and increase your long-term energy level. In addition to regularly-scheduled exercise, try to incorporate physical activity into your everyday “to-do” list. For example, park far away from the mall entrance—this should be easy since the lot will probably be full anyway—and take the stairs rather than the elevator while you’re shopping.
- Be sure to take a potent multivitamin daily. This will give you the vitamins and minerals necessary for optimal health, vitality, and energy—and help you make it through the very busy days of December.
- Get a massage. It feels fantastic and has true therapeutic value. A massage promotes healthy circulation, enhances immune system function, and helps eliminate toxins from your lymphatic system. Above all, massage relaxes and de-stresses you like nothing else.
- Make time for yourself. If you don't take enough time for yourself during the holidays, you run the risk of wearing yourself out. Reserve an hour a day for you to read, watch a movie, or meditate.
- Bolster your immune system. Give your immune system some extra support as the weather turns colder. You can do this by increasing your intake of vitamin C to 500-1,000 mg several times a day and using these immune-boosting secrets.
- Finally, getting enough sleep is the key to rejuvenating your body, mind, and spirit. To help you wind down at the end of the day, try drinking a cup of valerian or chamomile tea. Adding a hot bath and soothing music can also help promote a restful night's sleep.
Now it’s your turn: How do you overcome holiday stress?
You May Also Be Interested In:
Enjoy What You've Just Read?
Get it delivered to your inbox! Signup for E-News and you'll get great content like you've just read along with other great tips and guides for Dr. Whitaker!
Meet Dr. Whitaker
For more than 30 years, Dr. Julian Whitaker has helped people regain their health with a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, targeted nutritional support, and other cutting-edge natural therapies. He is widely known for treating diabetes, but also routinely treats heart disease and other degenerative diseases. More About Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker's Favorites
Ensure healthy blood sugar, balanced insulin levels and all-day energy.
Get a restful, recharging night's sleep -- tonight and every night.
18 powerful, clinically researched nutrients for total eye health
Item# REG (Packets)
Make GREAT HEALTH your top priority with the advanced nutritional foundation in Forward