Tasty tacos minus the tortillas
- olive oil spray
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ½ package of low-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- ¾ cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup salsa
Spray a large, nonstick skillet with olive oil and add meat and half of the onion. Cook on medium-high, stirring constantly, until meat is browned.
Add water and taco seasoning and continue cooking another 1-2 minutes until seasoning is evenly distributed.
Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate and spoon in taco mixture. Evenly distribute tomato and avocado and garnish with salsa and cheese.
Per serving: calories 291, protein 23 g, carbohydrates 14 g, fiber 3 g, fat 16 g, sodium 633 mg