An Asian sensation swimming with flavor
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, large, peeled, deveined, with tails removed
- ¼ cup water
- 1¼ pound broccoli florets, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1½ tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 8 ounces (1 small can) bamboo shoots (optional)
Heat a large, nonstick skillet, over high heat until hot and add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add shrimp and cook 1½ - 2 minutes, stirring constantly until just slightly undercooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add ¼ cup water and broccoli to hot skillet. Cover and steam approximately 2 minutes, until just tender. Pour off excess water, if any remains.
Return shrimp to skillet, along with chili-garlic sauce and bamboo shoots and stir-fry until all ingredients are coated in sauce and piping hot. Serve immediately.
Per serving: calories 207, protein 28 g, carbohydrates 11 g, fiber 6 g, fat 6 g, sodium 209 mg