Dr. Whitaker’s personal favorite
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets
Mix xylitol and spices well in a small bowl. Set 1½ tablespoons of this dry mixture aside.
Rub the remainder on both sides of the salmon fillets. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Prepare salad and salad dressing. (See below.)
Preheat broiler or grill until hot. Rub salmon with olive oil and place on broiler or grill. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until just done. Do not overcook. Place on top of salad and drizzle with dressing. (See below.)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons of salmon spices (reserved)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- 12 cups baby greens
Mix olive oil, spices, vinegar, and mustard together in a small bowl. Add a little water to thin, if necessary. Toss dressing with greens. Divide among 4 plates and top with salmon fillets.
Per serving: calories 280, protein 26 g, carbohydrates 13 g, fiber 4 g, fat 15 g, sodium 428 mg