If Big Pharma could find a way to patent magnesium, it could drive their already sky-high profits even higher. That’s because magnesium treatment is one of the most potent, versatile, and safe therapies available.
How Magnesium Treatment Can Protect You
1. IV Magnesium treatment saves lives after a heart attack. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, British researchers administered intravenous (IV) magnesium sulfate or a saline solution to 2,000 patients within 24 hours of heart attack onset. Incredibly, patients receiving magnesium treatment had 24 percent fewer deaths. And one to five years later, the cardiovascular death rate was 21 percent lower in those who had the magnesium treatment.
2. It can naturally lower blood pressure. Magnesium treatment relaxes the smooth muscle tissues that dilate the arteries and reduce blood pressure. In one study, participants with hypertension who took 300 mg of magnesium daily for three months had marked reductions in blood pressure compared to those who took a placebo pill.
3. Magnesium treatment can prevent diabetes. Swedish scientists reviewed several published trials that examined magnesium intake and found that for every 100 mg increase in daily magnesium, there was a 15 percent decrease in the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
4. Magnesium treatment can halt asthma attacks. Just as it relaxes the smooth muscles of the arteries and improves blood flow, imagnesium treatment also relaxes the airways and thus acts as a bronchodilator. Even after conventional treatments such as inhaled bronchodilators have failed, IV magnesium treatment can be lifesaving when it comes to asthma attacks.
5. Magnesium treatment helps stop migraines. Research has shown that individuals who experience frequent migraine attacks are likely to have low levels of magnesium in the brain. Ensure adequate levels by supplementing your diet with 500 mg of magnesium daily to help prevent migraine attacks
Magnesium Treatment Dosages
How much magnesium should you take? The suggested dose of oral magnesium is 400–1,000 mg daily. It comes in several forms (citrate, aspartate, etc.) and all are acceptable. Build up gradually as magnesium has a laxative effect in many people.