Here's some bad news for manufacturers of pain medications--who are raking in the "big bucks" off the obesity epidemic in America...
Newly presented research at the EFIC Congress in Hamburg, Germany—a pain research organization—showed that obese people experience significantly higher levels of pain than those who are normal weight.
In one study involving obese rats, the researchers demonstrated that “obesity is a low-grade inflammatory disorder... [and there is] increased susceptibility of obese individuals to develop chronic inflammatory pain conditions.”
Another study involving 2,400 adults showed that people with a body mass index (BMI) of 35 to 39.9 reported more pain than normal weight individuals. What they found is that while normal weight individuals were more likely to experience headaches and neck pain, obese individuals suffered more pain in their feet and legs.
Healthy Weight Loss Tips
If you need to lose some weight, here are five healthy weight loss tips to help you shed those extra pounds, practically effortlessly:
1. Try the mini-fast with exercise (sometimes called the intermittent fasting diet.)
2. Incorporate 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week.
3. Drink at least eight glasses of filtered water each day.
4. Up your fiber intake, striving for at least 30 grams of fiber a day. Easy ways to get your fiber are by eating apples, spinach, beans, and broccoli.
5. Beware of the large portion sizes in restaurants and make smart choices.